Saturday, June 16, 2007

...

I never told him how much I loved him… neither did he. It was not his kind of conversation… to be verbal about his feelings especially something like this. He wouldn’t even say ‘Happy Birthday’ to me. The sparkle in his eyes or that big grin was enough for us to know that he was happy that he was extremely happy :-). I saw it whenever I scored good rank, got a prize, came home from hostel and when I graduated.

He taught me to walk, to read, to love the music... he taught me to fight the odds. I learnt how be independent from him. We would discuss about all the things in world from the school subjects to world politics. Sometimes he would tell stories about how he used walk kilometers for school or how he used watch movie every night in college. Once I needed some help for school project, he poured over all his medical books to get me the most accurate information. He was like that … always got the best for us.

I missed those sparkling eyes when I got my job, my first salary… moments he had so much wanted to witness. I miss my source of inspiration… my tower of strength.

I hate to write this post in past tense. I wish I could make it present.

... I wish I could call up and say ‘Happy Father’s Day’ to him today.

2 comments:

Shirsha said...

ouch, none of my business to comment on this post, but i just had to, somehow...
take care...

Unknown said...

Thanx dear ... :-)
Sometimes we have messed up mood and things like this come out