Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Loss of concentration

So I am having this training ...
Supposed to be verry verrry important for my project. The GOD is training us.
But as usual I am off ... Either feeling sleepy or letting my thought wonder all over the world.

Well I have tried and tried real hard to increase my concentration. But most of the times I just go blank.
I hate meetings. I hate sitting at one place for more than half an hour.
My main job in our team meeting is too draw pictures. Thats the habit from childhood. My notebooks are filled more with sketches than what actually used to write in them. Back pages of the notebook full with dictation (or just few interesting words) from speaker's speech. I actually have list of words that my manger uses, noted in my notebook longer than minutes of the meeting. When all other people are listening to him religiously, I am sleeping. I try hard not to sleep or get distracted by other thoughts.

If I have to put in 'Anne of Green Gables' words, I like to imagine myself wondering in woods or walking on garden lawn barefoot or watching out of the window glasses or something interesting like that... or just throwing the speaker out of the conference room...(:D)

I don't lose my concentration when I am reading a book or listening to great piece of music, watching a beautiful picture, an animation movie or I am thinking about something really good... or anything interesting like that. Its only when I am working here. And I can't force myself to do things I don't like. I just can't.

I forget half of the things. They say I am absent minded. Sometimes I feel very ashamed of not being serious about my career, my work...blah blah. I feel lost when all the people around me talk about this code and that company and blah policy and blah strategy. But then I am not that bad at my work...not at all. I do finish my work...always in record time... I don't work extra because I don't find it interesting. It is very monotonous and boring. Well nobody has forced me into this profession. In fact I had to fight with my so-called well-wishers to let me choose engineering over medicine. At one point of time I dreamed of becoming the best software professional. But now I don't feel so !!

Is it just me or everybody has this problem ?

PS: I am writing this sitting in the training room :D

2 comments:

Pradeep Chellappan said...

Glad to find that I am not the only person who sleeps at meetings :-)

BTW, I found you like this.
Pradeep C (at orkut) -> Bangalore Book Club community -> Ashlesha N's profile -> http://aparadoxicalworld.blogspot.com

Pradeep Chellappan said...

I just read your songscrazy blog too. Pretty good selection of songs. I am a huge fan of The BeeGees and Rod Stewart.