Monday, June 26, 2006

It’s been long since I have written anything. Thanks to my laziness off course and yeah I had the US trip as excuse :-). Well well well... now I am back and jumping again ;-).

Life is getting hectic...traveling in BMTC buses in rush hours is worse that traveling by Mumbai locals (on central line in peak hours). Though it is definitely better than traveling on Hosur road in comfortable company bus (yeah my office is shifted to a city location now :) )
I am half dead till I reach home... Don't feel like cooking or even eating something. I need to change my eating habits and start working out otherwise it won't take long before I fall sick. And most important... I NEED a two wheeler.

I want to write about so many things but these days I just don't have the energy to do anything. I need rest... I desperately need it. I had hoped this 2 months break will help me sorting out the complications I have created for myself but it seems they are just as it is. I donno why do I have affinity towards stupid things. As they say "To err is human and to repeat it is stupid". It applies to me perfectly :-). I want to be like Miranda Hobbs in "Sex and the City", strong and confident. I have been watching that series regularly and I think none can captures mentality of single and independent women better than that.

After coming back, I had been to home for a week. I was sleeping all the time as usual. Only good thing I did was going to school. I have been planning it since long but finally did it this time. My school has special place in my heart. Once upon a time it was supposed to be the best school in area and not just for education but for the extra-curricular activities. It was due to different activities taken up there that I could develop my debating skills, interests in general knowledge and sketching. To be honest, it is really difficult to pursue these things in the area where I come from because people think sole aim of sending their children to school is to enable them to score good marks and send them to engineering and medical colleges. It’s the best example of sorry state of today’s education system. There is no concept of acquiring knowledge or overall development of a child. And even many teachers encourage such behavior because all they want good statistics for their school or classes.
I wish to change that situation. I know it is not going to happen overnight but at least it has to start somewhere. Students as well as parents need to be educated about various career options available. And that these are as good as engineering and medical professions. I want to tell them that there are many books in the world other just the text books which give us more knowledge. These are one of the brightest students of their generation and I am sure they will excel in not only studies but different parts of life if given chance and proper guidance.
I awe a lot to my school and I want to try to return at least small part of it.

No comments: