Thursday, September 07, 2006

Requirement Spec - 1

Like any Indian family having girl of my age, my family is searching for a “suitable” (haaaah!!!) groom for me...ekdam jor shor se(cause I haven’t found anyone of my choice yet). Obviously my opinion is asked (akhir shaadi to meri hi honi hai … :D ). Hmmm... that is pretty important haa. I had written long time back about my dreams for soulmate. But that’s on very emotional terms. So I have decided to be more practical and make list of things about what kinda guy I want (read as ‘I would be able to live with’ :P ).
Well, I will be ok if he smokes, drinks, watches news and sport channel all the time and never lets me watch any movie or soap channel (I don’t watch them very much anyways :)) or even has flirted with 100 girls before meeting me (Yeah... seriously!!!) but there are few things I am very serious about

• I don’t want extravagant wedding. If possible we should have register marriage with family and close friends
• He MUST love his country. I don’t like guys who dream of US of A all the time. I would hate to settle down anywhere else than India
• Should be open to adopt at least one child.
• Should be ok to take a walk and not insist on taking vehicle or auto everywhere. Isn’t it romantic to walk in moonlight !!!
• Should love sea and take me to beach at least once in year. (Also, I would love I settle down in Goa or Konkan. A pond side/riverside house is also OK :D)
• Switch off electric appliances when not required. Leaving fans and tube lights switched on and wandering off the room is serious no no. ( Don’t you know we are suffering from too much shortage of electricity )
• TURN OFF vehicle at signals. (Global warming people !!!)
• My house MUST have huge windows and lots of fresh air and natural light. I don’t like to switch on lights or fans during daytime.
• No wasting food. Must finish whatever is served in the plate
• Help me in the Kitchen.
• Not crib about my love for cloths :D
• Must read books. If he writes and that too poems … wow… I just looove it
• Don’t preach me religion. I will do whatever is required as per family customs but no imposing of beliefs.
• It’s ok if I cry while watching a senti movie or reading book or listening to senti song.
• Rainwalk!!! (even riding bike in rain :))
• Leaving tap water open all the time when you are shaving or brushing, not closing tap properly is serious turn off :)
• Don’t expect me to sit around in house every weekend.
• Must be good listener
• I tend to loose my temper very quickly. But then I calm down faster… All I need is li'le bit of patience (M equally patient :) )
• I do fight and argue a lot … but they should end right there, no hard feelings
• Would love if he can shake a leg with music tunes :)
• Goood sense of humor !!!
• Most important … LOVE me as I am !!! :) :)


Ummm… there might be more things I would like to see here but can’t recall them right now. Will write requirement spec part2 some other time :) :)

****
Came across one interesting quote

A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. Irina Dunn, 1970 *wink wink*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah how I wish all girls were as sensible as you are :),didnt come across many girls resisting temptation of settling down abroad,hats off to you ,and wish you best of luck.You sure will find the guy.

Unknown said...

Thankee Thankee ... :-)
I wish too :D :D

Ramchi Aie said...

mast lehilay.
mala pan asech kahi watate pan articulate nahi karata aale.