Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I am back … finally !

It’s been almost a month that I have written anything. I can give hundreds of reasons for the disappearance. Of course laziness tops the list (I know I know, this will be reason for any of the things that I don’t do or even I do :-D). Then I had my family around for a while. It’s terrible to adjust for few days after they are gone. Mom is not there to bug me in the morning to get up, cook nice food in the evening or there is no sis to fight with. I realized that it’s been almost 3 years that I have stayed under same roof with my sis... talk about pains of staying away from home :-(. I so much miss fighting with her and playing AoM (Age of Mythology for the uninitiated). It was lying around on my lappy for a while but I didn’t touch it until she came. Its fun playing those games with her, fighting for control, planning strategies and calling each other by names in the game. We used to play demos of AoE on home computer for whole days but couldn’t spend that much time here :-(. Every time I switched on lappy to write something, we would end up starting the game and playing it for hours.

Then there was the Blah blog to write for. Now I have become comfortable writing there and it’s fun to write with so many different people. I met all the fellow Blahgers (that’s what we call ourselves) from Bangalore, this weekend and it was helluva fun. I never thought I will even open my mouth in front of complete strangers and ended up spending almost spending 2 hours of animated conversation. All of us are coming from different cultures and different professions. There were people not only from different part of the country but different parts of the word. Now I think that was something great. Checkout for the snaps and account of the meet here. The meet was held at a place called BrewHaHa. This place is as interesting as its name. It’s a coffee shop place gaming joint. I never got time to check out the games but I am sure gonna make more trips there. Now that my favorite coffee shop ‘Inch’ is closed for a reason unknown :-(.

There are so many things to write about… the monsoon showers Bangalore is blessed with, Mumbai-Pune express highway drive and the vada-paav, Two amazing books that I read ‘Shantaram’ and ‘The Namesake’ and the sweet movie ‘Cheeni Kum’. Read review on Blah here (Yes I wrote it … It is called shameless promotion of your writing :-D). Will return before people start thinking that this blog is shutting down.

Curse my laziness and hectic work schedule if I don’t return soon !!!

PS1 :-> Right now, I am very sad because after getting tickets for the ‘Aerosmith’ show, the friend accompanying me has decided to give more preference to work :-(. Gwwwwad... please send me friends who like Rock music (none of the existing ones like it :-( )and like to attend the live show and will come with me. I don’t want to miss the show !!!

PS2 :-> Now I am gonna be 'Aunty' officially. In next couple of months a tiny member is gonna arrive in my family... Yoooo !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa , so many things happened in a month`s time kya :) ...aerosmith , err is that some rock band or something :D

Unknown said...

Yaah... so many things are cluttering up in my head... they need a way out soon !
And your last sentence proves my claim that I always befriend with rock non-loving people ... boo hoo :-(

Shirsha said...

Inch closed down, really!?
You do have frnds who like Rock music, but not live :(

Unknown said...

Yes... Inch is closed :-(.
Having friends who don't like live rock music makes me more sad :-(((