Thursday, May 03, 2007

One more year goes by …

Today I turn a year older. I mean now I have become really ‘OLD’. Not just kids but teenagers and even some uncles too call me aunty :-(. So much old that, the hoopla about b’day celebration, cake cutting, gifts, new dresses and all is not exciting me much. That’s the sign of turning old isn’t it? :D. A friend asked me what’s your birthday wish, ‘to act like my age’ was my reply. Really it’s a bigger deal for someone like me. It means no more acting cranky, no more hopping around like a baby, no more ‘anger attacks’, no more kung-fu hassles with sis, no more throwing tantrums during marriage related discussions, no more acting like bad gal with mom, no more mimicking people (I do that a lot), no more late morning snores on weekends, no more acting lazy, lot more concentrating on work and less wondering of mind, lot more acting sober and lot less running away from people, no more excuses of ‘I am still young no!’ blah blah.... Ooooh oooh… that’s lot of changes needed to be done with increasing age, isn’t it? ( On a second thought I feel I should let go of that wish and be as I am :-D, what do ya people say? )

Today was good with roomies keeping the hostel tradition of cutting cake at stroke of midnight and painting my face with choco cream, friends n family calling up to wish me. Having mom and sis around makes this day more special. I remember last year was all whiny about turning old. Probably because I was all alone in the foreign land far far away… only cake I cut was a blue berry muffin (which happens to be my favorite, but come on… muffin for a birthday cake !) And it was my first step to the other (wrong) side of twenties.

In a way, it has been hell of year, bizarre would be a better word or what my mom describes as ‘Gaddhe Panchvishi’ (Literally translated as ‘Donkey age of 25’ loosely meaning ‘When 25 you are/act like a donkey’) :-D. Jokes apart, I think mom is not totally wrong. Life was never more exciting with unexpected things happening all the time that I wouldn’t even dream of doing. Once a self-proclaimed pundit had told me that my life is gonna be a normal, predictable one. If this is the definition of normal life, then I wonder how not-normal life would be !!!

I look forward to this year with lot of hopes and dreams. (I hope I will start being a good gal this year :-D) … !!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen !!

Sushil Page said...

Hey Ashley, many many happy returns of the day!

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley, belated happy birthday!!

Shirsha said...

Hey, u mustn't change, no no no! Not anymore than age already does to change you, working subconsciously. You must throw all the tantrums you want and celebrate each bday in style, no matter what age...

Gaurav Mengi said...

I really don't understand why "Growing old" is haunting you. Simply live life to the fullest .

Shirsha said...

hmm, and with each passing yr, remember to party harder!!!

Unknown said...

@Apoorv
:-D

@Sushil & Meenakshi
Thanks :-)

@Shirsha
Yeah, u are right. There is no point in changing oneself consciously when the age is already showing its changes. :-D. I will continue partying as usual. Changing plan canceled !!!

@Gaurav
Ji Gurudev. Jaisa aap kahe :-P

krupa said...

I believe that this world will be a dreary place if every one were to act their age!
Belated birthday wishes!
(If you are wondering who I am,you left a comment in my blog)

Unknown said...

@Krupa
Welcome to my blog !
Thanks for the wishes. You are right... the world will indeed be a bad place. So I have chucked those plans of acting my age !

Also your name does ring some bells but I donno if you are the same. Can I get link for your blog (where I might have left comment)?

desh said...

even i hate ppl callin me uncle...it is bad, it can depressing
neway quite belated wishes, hope u have a grt year n u achieve wht u term as "being a good gal"

:D

Unknown said...

@Desh
Welcome to my blog. Now I can't really ask 'Do I know you?' :-D

Thanks for the wishes. I think I am already having blast in this year. 'Being good gal' task is kept aside for the time being :-D.