Thursday, July 19, 2007

One of those bad days at work...

It's 11 o'clock in the night. You have had a long day... been working for more that 12 hours on a stupid issue which has no head or tail to analyse. You are tired, sleepy and frustrated.

Finally you decide that its time to call it a day and go home. You send update and about to enter the elevator. You get call from someone sitting merrily at home and he starts shouting at you left and right. It is so loud that your ear hurts. You don't understand what is happening. Thankfully your manager comes to your rescue but still the barking rings in your head.... 

What do you do?

I take cover of tears. I guess I am not that strong as I think for the professional life, isn't it?

6 comments:

Shirsha said...

Ouch, sweetie, whatever happened, who are these monsters at work huh!?

Unknown said...

Some junk people who are not at all cooperative and just like to show of their ego once in a while. Thank god that my manager is very supportive.

Ooglie said...

Face it, and Step on it and go ahead...

U let them see u cry and they think they have scored a point...Learn to ignore them...

Im sure ur stronger than this.

Unknown said...

Thanks :-). I am indeed strong enough to not cry in front of them. Generally I put 'don't care' sign on my face but ... you know it happens sometimes.

Anonymous said...

over past few months I have attained this ability to put up poker face when I am pushed to wall . And I have given up caring about any issues personally .If someone is shouting at me , I use both ears effectively :).

Gayatri said...

that's when I would start counting from 10 to 1 and drink a glass of water. :P

Life's a monster.. sigh!

PS: there's nothing wrong about crying.. I believe it's the best remedy to a lot of frustrations that can't be dealt with in any other way.