Sunday, August 12, 2007

Why wouldn’t I drive to work?

The office is shifted and I am traveling to office by bus again. I have to rush for but by 7:40am and back home by 6:30pm. The office is not that far and I could have easily taken my Dio Baby. (I had decided to name my vehicle something when I was planning to get it. I got vehicle number containing ‘EW’ so I started calling it ‘EW Baby’. Shirsha thinks the vehicle name resembles Sunny Deol so calls it ‘Sunny Deol Bike’! ) It is really hectic to get up that early in the morning after you have got used to waking up by 8:30-9am. I can still go back to my previous routine if I want to but I have lot of reasons for that.

First is that I am getting organized again. I have my cloths ironed and kept aside, veggies cut on previous night. And I get ready in the morning within 40 mins! It’s a welcome change to my otherwise lazy life you see. Some people say it is like going back to school but I say its discipline!

I am also one of those extra environment conscious people. I am one of those who would walk short distances and take BMTC bus instead of auto and preach others to do the same. Sometimes I feel guilty of buying vehicle and adding to the pollution. One of the reasons for me not buying car is that it drinks way too much petrol than a bike. Now that I already have company bus running why should I add more? The bus is enough to do that, isn’t it ?

I also hate to drive on Bangalore roads. It’s more of crawling than driving. My bike being little taller for my height it is nightmare for me. By the time I reach the destination I am so frustrated that there is no energy left to work. I never used to drive on weekends. Now I can save my driving time and energy to do stuff like reading, completing my unfinished sleep, or just watching the traffic. This one of the things I missed most while driving. I have knack for reading every poster and name plate that is displayed on the road. (That is why I know so many roads/areas in Bangalore). There were many times when I was distracted in reading the hoardings that I almost hit a vehicle or side walk. I should wait for real accident, you see!

Also I have reason to get out of office early.

4 comments:

Shirsha said...

:) that bit abt Ew baby... lol!
what abt dew drops!? that is if u r still considerign names... hehehe!

Yeah, going to work by bus is like relaxation! Its time to plan your day at work, its time to dream, think, meditate, plan, watch, listen to music, etc! I miss going to office by bus!

Unknown said...

I haven't stopped thinking about names. The bike is one year old now though! :-D

I have few more reasons like I get to see planes landing and takin off as I travel on the airport road. Also when I pass through Marathalli area I get to check out which places has new deals and where sale is on ! ;-)

Gayatri said...

right now I live one min walk away from work.. When I go back, it's back to the 1 hour cab ride to work :( Baaahhh.. don't know what i'm going to do

Unknown said...

Aww... one minute to one hour changes is too much to take. I have always wanted a work place where I can walk to but never been so lucky :-(
Anyways cab ride is not bad if you have things to occupy yourself !