Wednesday, August 15, 2007

साठ साल के बुढे या साठ साल के जवान !

My country turns 60 today… or I should say the new age country turns 60. For country that has thousands of years of rich past, this is mere another chapter history. What makes this day special is that it represents our struggle for freedom, struggle to get our birth right. It is something that makes us make our head held high with pride.

I will not preach too much like I have already done here. There are so many blog posts, news paper articles, talk shows talking about what we did right and what we did wrong. To my surprise Google and even Orkut are celebrating Indian Independence day!

I celebrate by putting up flag in at my work place and on my blog too !

I am proud to be part this country. This subhashitam reflects my exact feelings… when Ram rejects the offer to be king of Lanka after defeating Ravan. He says

अपी स्वर्णमयी लन्का न मे लक्शमण रोचते ।
जननी जन्मभुमीश्च स्वर्गादपी गरीयसी ॥

“Laxaman, thought Lanka is made up of gold. I don’t like it. Motherland is greater than heaven for me”

3 comments:

Gayatri said...

:) somethings always remain this close to your heart irrespective of everything else :)

Amey said...

60 is really young for a country. And even with thousands of years of history (as you said), we do have a concept of rebirth, right?

Unknown said...

@Confused
Yes. We love this country irrespective all the complains :-)

@Fleiger
Oh yeah. This is rebirth after 150 years of hibernation. We have good memory of past life. We are young and best thing is we are getting restless to grow up !