Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Break the rules ...

I recently finished reading "The Zahir" by Paulo Coelho (author of the Alchemist). Amazing book I must say. I loved the part where he talks about Love .... his concepts of love and life.
I liked this concept very much. I am just putting it down in my own words.

Why are railway tracks apart x meters .... ??

Simple question isn't it ? But it has long history that leads back to roman times. The distance between railway tracks is equal to the distance between wheels of horse carriage. That distance is due to size roman roads which was defined by length when two horses put together. Nobody questioned this length and blindly followed it till date.

Ok.. so what ?

Isn't our life like that ? We always try to follow some or the other rules all our life without knowing their actual meaning. We are given some script given by our parent, teachers, friends and society ... we follow it religiously. You should go to school when you are young , go to university after that, get married when you are of this age, do this and do that ... all sorts of stuff. but we never think what we actually want to do. Always try to run in a straight line. May be on parallel tracks with what we actually want. And most of us never realize this all their life. We put measures for each and everything... "One is successful only if he/she earns blah amount of money, earns these many degrees" and all sorts of things. Why do we need to measure our success against things that don't matter to us at all?

Life is not just about sacrificing for our loved ones. Who would like their beloved people to get pains for them?
Will you?
NO
Then why do you think you can make others happy by giving pains to yourself.

.... Very true isn't it ?

Forgetting your past.

Best way to forget your past is to keep it repeating again and again to others. Unless your story becomes story of other people and you gain enough courage to let go of it. I found it really interesting. How many of us have that courage? The courage to tell others about your dark side and not to run away from yourself... I think very few of us really have the courage. Most of us just try to hide it and get haunted by those memories for all their life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I too have lived that book! Zahir! It taught me love! Love that i saw in his eyees. Love that i could find in his words. I could find so many unspoken realities! the joy f setting one free when you know he still remembers you. N you feel him with your every breathe! Its not important ..him to by your side all the time! Its his thoughts, his emotions that still reach you..When you know You are still behaving as a dreamer ..very far from reality.. but still you feel that divine eeling of Love..I dont want him to come back to me ..All i want him to get the best in this world..to be the happiest person on this earth! Confined within my shelf which i wont be able to break anytime i dont want this pure feeling to die. If it goes the true of myself will die forever..I am happy in my own imaginary world not revealed to anybody..still trying to be a person as others want me n need me..