Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I have picked up Shirsha’s blog habit of describing about ‘how my weekend was?’ Here comes description of another one :-).
This weekend was the ‘movie weekend’, I watched close to 5 movies and a music show (yes!!!). I say close to 5 because I left the theatre in between for movie because it was too horrible to watch… Mel Gibson’s movie ‘Apocalypto’. I donno what has made him to make a movie like that; least he should not call it a movie and sell is a documentary on primitive human beings. It was the first movie I started the weekend with and made my cousin to leave the theatre within 40 minutes after they started to dissect human parts one by one (Ewwww!!!). But back home watched better movies. My friend’s husband is a great movie fan and has nice collection of cds/dvds. Oooh… I forgot to mention, I was in Pune this weekend… Yayy!!!
I had some work in the city so had flown in for the weekend and stayed with this friend of mine... a little bit of work to be finished on Friday morning and then lot of fun with friends, cousins and most important with dearest sis. She came down all the way to meet me. There were so many people to meet. Most of our time was spent in going from one place to another. We must have traveled complete length of Pune for more than once. The city is supposed to be a dream place for every Marathi person but somehow I never took much liking for it. The roads are pathetic and so is traffic and pollution. I felt like a total stranger there and missed Bangalore buzz. The friend said I have bad habit of getting attached to things. I guess she is right. I used to feel same when I left Mumbai.
This friend I stayed with, was my roomie in Mumbai and one of those caring roomies I am always blessed with. Those were the days when all I knew was to go to office and come back home and sleep. I couldn’t cook or clean, couldn’t even make a cuppa tea. Those two gals pampered me like a baby. The story of how good (totally burnt) rice I had made for a sick friend is still popular with Mumbai friends group. So when I went to her place this time, I so much wanted to demonstrate my cooking skills. After all the plans, we settled down on making aloo-parathas. They were yummy as usual.

Apart from ‘Apocalypto’, other movies I watched were (in the order of watching) ‘My Super Ex-Girl Friend’ (Funny concept), ‘Hitch’ (Can watch this one again and again), ‘HTPL’ (The kids wanted to watch it once again), ‘Remember the Titans’ (Really good one). And last but not the least was the song extravaganza ‘Ayushyawar Bolu Kahi’ (translated as ‘Lets talk something about life’), as innovative program started by two young musicians Salil Kulkarni and Sandip Khare. The man Sandip Khare is miracle with words. Its been really long since I have listened to such beautiful Marathi poems and songs. I missed attending it when they had come to Bangalore. I can’t help but recite this poem ‘Evdhach Na’.
“Evdhach na… Ekte jagu
Amach hasa, amach rad
Gheun samore ektech baghu

Ratrial kon duparla kon
Janmaala avghya ya purlay kon
Shwaasaala shwaas kshanaala kshanaala kshaan
Diwsaala diwas jodat jagu
Evdhach na…

Anganala kumpan hotach kadhi
Gharala aangan hotach kadhi
Gharaache bhaas, Anagnaache bhaas
Kupanache bhaasach bhogat jagu…
Evdhach na…

Aalaat aalat tar aalaat tumchech paay
Gelaat tar gelat konaala kaay
Swatach paay swatach waat
Swtach sobat houn jagu
Evdhach na…

Maatiche ghar maatiche daar
Maatich ghar maatich daar
Maatichya dehala maatche waar
Maatich khari maatich bari
Maatit maati mislat jagu
Evdhach na… “

I will try to translate it some time… Will have to use my linguistic skills at the best :-).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had nightmares for few nights after watching apocalypto :( ...and dont you worry me neither appreciated puna ever :) ...so you had two super weekends back to back !!

Unknown said...

It is one horrible movie for sure :-(...
And Yeah my weekends are back on fun track these days :-)

Reel Fanatic said...

You didn't miss anything at all by not sitting through Apocalypto ..I made that mistake, constantly thinking it was gonna get better, but it never does

Shirsha said...

Really, Apocalypto sucks!? Will avoid it :)
And Pune is yuck..? I thot it was a neat and clean place and almost like Bangalore...? But I was around for a v brief while and went about only on v few roads, mostly on MG Rd.

Unknown said...

@Reel fanatic
Thank god, I left the movie. For first 15 mins I had the hope for better to come but I gave up and got out.

@Shirsha
Do't even think of watching that movie... you might vomit in the very first scene :-).
Pune is not a bad city, it is clean and neat and all. Its just that I had some not so good experiences there :-)

Anonymous said...

Dunno what made me write it here.. but wanted to share my new compositoin..
here it goes
"Ateet"
aaj phir din maine fisul me vyateet kiya..
Ek aur din jeevan ka .. 'Bas Yuhi ' beet gaya..
Kyo har pal jeevan ka
bas yuhi chala jata hai
keval jeene ke liye jeena
aur haath kuch nahi aata hai
kya khona hai .. kya pana hai ..
koi raah kahi milti nahi ..
kuch kar guzarne ki khwahish ..
Woh chaah kyo khilti nahi ?
Har din.. ek nayi
raushni lekar nikalta hai
Nayi aas ki aag me
mano mayus man pighalta hai
aaj kuch kar guzre ..
is khwab ke padchinho par
chalte chalte thak jao
to jane kab ye suraj dhalta hai
Aur phir vahi raat..
aur wahi ek khayal ..
aaj phir din maine fisul me vyateet kiya..
'Is pal mai kya karu ?' ye soch har pal "ateet" kiya

Unknown said...

@Rakhi

Amazing poem... Just the like you always write. Thanks for putting it here. I love it :-).

Anonymous said...

Great Site. Was added to mybookmarks. Greetings From USA.

Anonymous said...

i very much adore all your posting way, very remarkable,
don't quit and keep penning considering the fact that it simply that is worth to follow it,
looking forward to browse a whole lot more of your current content, cheers :)