Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lazy me...

Today I was checking my blog activity statistics and realized that it has gone down this month. Last couple of months I was posting practically everyday and this month all I am able to manage is writing about my weekends. If you know me very well you will say, ‘Oh… this is very typical of you, Ashley!!!’ There are so many things (and people) that fascinate me and I tend to take up that activity with lots of vigor. But also tend to abandon many of them once I lose interest in them (or when people start acting too smart). The graph curve changes its direction exponentially. Though there are lots of other things, I have been doing despite all the problems. Anyways… I won’t make blogging one of the things I give up. Recently, I have been getting quite many complements for my writing and who doesn’t like praise you see :-D. Consider it just as lazy lapse in productivity :-).

These days I am so badly stuck in work that all I can see is blue screen, crash dump, even in dreams. By the time I reach home, my mind is totally exhausted to think of anything. It just goes blank. I don’t even remember what I did last week or even during the weekend. It was the long weekend, and I wanted to celebrate New Year, ‘Gudi Padwa’ in total Marathi style and wanted to invite friends for lunch. But our maid ran away and I ended up making aloo-parathas and Shira (Suji Halwa in Hindi), which was not that bad menu for holiday :-). Apart from that there were lots movies watched. First the epic ‘300’, fundu story and great presentation, then ‘You have got mail’, I can watch this one thousand times and the sweetest movie ‘Sound of Music’. I watched this one for the first time and I loved it. All the praise I have heard about it is just right. Also finished watching FRIENDS season one and half of season two. I am obsessed with the series these days. Hmm… by this time you must have realized that I was glued to my room all three days. Yes, you are right. I didn’t feel like going out and seeing other people. Now you know exactly why I like Garfield so much!!!

But I was not in total seclusion after all... been to my favorite coffee place ‘Inch’ after so many days. I just love the ambience and beverages they serve, Mint and hazelnut flavored hot chocolate being my all time favorite :-). The food is also not bad though they have very less veggie options :-(. But we tried food at a different restaurant called ‘Hot Walk’ (or was it ‘Hot Wok’ ??), a Chinese place near CMH road, Nice cosy place with good food and good ambience.

And how can I forget the most important thing, the makeover that my hair have got. Sunday afternoon, my roomie declared that I must get a haircut. I thought of trying this hep salon a friend had suggested long time ago. We needed to take appointment to get a hair cut there! With the money I paid for my hair-cut, I could have bought myself round trip train tickets to my home. I know Mom is gonna freak out when she sees my shorter hair. But with all the compliments I am getting, I think the money is worth spent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kool ! nice long weekend that be :) ...shud watch sound of music sometime.me too love you`ve got mail big time .
and dont you worry , there are far lazier ppl around :)

Shirsha said...

wanna check out new hairstyle, plz! and whr the hell did u go for a hair cut!?
and FRIENDS for u too? I watch 1/2 of season two and a few of season three!

Unknown said...

@Apoorv
Add 'Sound of Music' on youe must watch list :-)
I know there are more lazy people then but ... thats no excuse for my lazinees :-D

@Shirsha
Yeah.. me is big time FRIENDS fan. I have all the 10 season DVDs. Must have watched all the 10 seasons at least twice :-) !!!