Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Why I like Wednesdays …

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. Oh… I know that reaction… ‘What? You crazy gal? It’s not a weekend. It’s WEEKDAY… mid week day!!!’ Well that’s me, I like this day :-). Today was good as I got good food, good company and good news.

It was the sports day at office and all my enthu-team was to go to the ground to play. Somehow I didn’t feel like going there. Yeah, I am acting like one of those boring people who like to sit back in cozy place and do the boring work instead of going out and enjoying. You can delete the ‘doing work’ part for me :-). I don’t have any reason for not going apart from I didn’t feel like, however lame it may sound. Moreover its getting soooo horribly hot outside these days, the thought of stepping out during day time is unthinkable. I decided to stay back and may be run away home early considering that none will be in office during afternoon.

I was having chat with S and got myself company for lunch. Midweek-midday lunch with friend, how cool is that!! Basically I wanted to show off my nu-nu hair style (Am I getting to ‘show-off’y about it ??) We had lunch at ‘Mast Kalandar’ on CMH road. This place is couple of kilometers away from my office and interestingly I didn’t feel the sun at all while driving there. Now this restaurant is cool eat out chain mostly serving northie food, total ‘ghar ka khana’ type. The funky orange-green interiors totally live up to their ‘Eat Happy’ punch line. We feasted on gobi and mutter parathas, they too had some funky names which don’t remember at all. It was fun. We should this more often.

Do you know that this food chain is started by some softies*? And it is quite a hit amongst good food-seekers here. Gosh, I too want to start something like this before I burn out in the office AC. Back to office, I was surfing about this chain and came across these two burrp blogs BangaloreBelly and Burrp. Cool blogs. Must-check-out for those who like food and want try out different varieties of food. Also registered myself at Burrp as a reviewer too! Did you know about another techie restaurant called DalFryday in Bangalore. The name sounds pretty cool. I am gonna try it some day. What?? Don’t you know that I big time foodie and my idea of eating out is to try out new one and not to be regular member of same idly/pizza place next door :-D.

Back to office, I got the good news. I am gonna be masi in couple of months.. yay!!! This will be first child in my group...I am sooooo excited!!! Ahh… Wednesdays are always good, isn’t it ? :-)

Softie == Software Engineer and not the ice-cream type.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Thanks for the link up to Dal Fryday, my blog. Well, to put it in perspective Dal Fryday is not a 'techie' restaurant in the true sense of that term.
We are two brothers who form a team...one of whom is in Management and the other, that's me, comes with a Hotel background.Although I believe being tech savvy is quite cool..:)
Thanks once again, and do look us up...
Cheers.

Unknown said...

Hey Pradeep,
You are welcome. I came across your blog today and I really liked your idea and the blog. I will definitely come to your restaurant when I am in that part of the city (which is like another end of the world from here :-))

Shirsha said...

Oh yes, we shud do this thing more often :) Btw, thrs one item on our list of to-do, hasn't been done in a really long time, that going dancing thingie. Lets make that happen sometime, I have never gone :(
Whrs this DalFryDay place?

Unknown said...

Yeah we will do it soon :-).
DalFryday is somewhere near IIMB (toooo far away). Do checkout the blog, I thought its cool !

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashley...
I will definitely come to your restaurant when I am in that part of the city (which is like another end of the world from here :-))

Bangalore is not that big a city...{{{chuckle}}}

Unknown said...

Oh you wouldn't say that if you have to cross the airport road traffic. Though the distance might be less, driving there will definitly make me feel like I am going to another end of the world :-D

BTW you didn't notice the spelling mistake in your restaurant name. I had written 'Dal Friday' instead of 'Dal Fryday'

Anonymous said...

so you are gonna be maasi,congrats! .you know what, am already grandfather to few kids :D ...my eldest uncle`s daughters got married looong time ago,and their kids started getting married few years ago...and here I am the bachelor grandpa ,LOLz.

Anonymous said...

What's in a name...A rose by any other name...

...etc...

:)

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley, Thanks for the link to Burrp and Bangalore Belly and for signing up on burrp. You might want to check out blah.burrp.com as well. Do keep stopping by and let me know your comments and feedback. You can reach me at meenakshi at burrp dot com.