Friday, March 30, 2007

Weird ... !!!

Its 2 o’clock and I suddenly remember that I need to catch a train at 3. I need to go somewhere for very urgent work and I cannot miss the train in any case. The train-station is around half an hour drive from my place so I have half an hour more to get ready. Suddenly I realized I haven’t packed my bag yet… I don’t even have a bag with me. I search frantically in the neighborhood for a bag. A friend come to rescue and lends me her bag. I pray mom is not around cause she absolutely hates my last minute running around. She calls it “tahan lagali ki vihir khodane” (Digging well only when I am thirsty). Then I realize my cloths are not washed at all. Mom comes to rescue and puts them in washing machine without saying a bit. My heart beat starts racing and I get hysteric looking for my stuff. Interestingly I still of some more time to go. I start searching for iron (what the hell has happened to me since when have I started caring about all this stuff. I am getting late!!!) Mom gives me the cold look and helps me pack. I am frantically running around and I realize that there is just 10 minutes before the train leaves. I take the first vehicle and rush towards the station. There is huge traffic jam and it feels like ages before I reach the station. I am almost in tears; my heart is racing at Olympic speed. When station is near, I jump out of the vehicle and start running towards the platform. My train has given whistle and started to move. I run for the love of my life, my legs don’t seem like moving at all, my throat is dry. I am panting, sweating and dragging my luggage. The train seems unending and it is still there when I reach the platform. The train looks little weird. It has huge doors like Mumbai locals and berths like sleeper coach. I am about to throw myself inside the train when the doorbell rings and I need to answer it.

You got it right… It was just a dream. I only wish my life was so dramatic :-). This is one of the dreams I get very often, sometimes there is a train to catch, or a bus or a flight or a exam to appear for. And I get it when I am about to do one of these. Today’s occasion was a test at office for which I had reach really really early (8:30am is dawn for me :-) ). I find it weird to get same dream again and again. I think it’s more due to fear of getting late for anything or just my love for dramatic things :-), But my heartbeat is increased considerably whenever I wake up from the dream.

6 comments:

Devranjan said...

Ashley
See when u were rushing for the train you forgot to buy the ticket. Thats the same with life. When we are pretty serious about things we should forget bout tickets. If u r caring bout tickets, u r not serious bout things.
Nice dream anyways..

Unknown said...

Hey DevRanjan,
Welcome to my blog, thanks for dropping by :-)
Yeah you are right... We always give importance to unnecessary things. Even me caring for washing cloths and all. Its stupid. :-)

Shirsha said...

Gosh, weird dream! Cool it, or u might have a heart attack in your dream ;)

Unknown said...

You are right!!! With all the running around I will sure get heart attack soetime and people won't know the reason :-D

iman elbaz said...

well.. first time for me here.. I like the way you described it.. the rhythm..normal.. fast.. faster.. hysteric.. exactly like a dream.. cuz actually I have the same kind of dreams

I also like the name and the slogan of your blog.. no body seems to hear I believe.. but this proves to be wrong here.. as I see comments ; )

Anonymous said...

Ola, what's up amigos? :)
I will be happy to receive some help at the start.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)