Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Customer Service … Now and Then

Its amazing how the call-centre service is “evolved” over recent times

Earlier the calls used to be like this (when they were new and we were also new to it)

Caller: Hello, Can I take to miss Ashlesha?
Me: Yes. Speaking
Caller: Good afternoon ma’am. This is ABC speaking from XYZ bank. Can get few minutes of your precious time?
Me: Time for?
Caller: I would like to tell you about this very interesting Credit card our company has to offer you since you are working for PQR company. Can I talk to you?
Me: Yeah please go ahead
Caller: Blah blah blah.(10-15 minutes of convincing) So… it is very good offer ma’am. So can I send my customer executive to you today?
Me: Okie.

And we doomed ourselves with lot of credit cards!

Then came next change

Caller: Hello.
Me: Hello ?
Caller: Good evening.. err good morning sir … err ma’am
Me: Good afternoon!
Caller: Err… Good afternoon ma’am. I am calling from XYZ bank
Me: Yes ?
Caller: This is regarding personal loan.
Me: Well I am not interested. Thank you. (I do say that !)
Caller: Ok ma’am. Can I know the reason ma’am? This is very interesting offer.
Me: (meri marzi !!!) I am not interested... isn’t that enough?
Caller: Ok ma’am. Can you give any references?
Me: No
Though sometimes we give number of our colleagues to bug them :D!

Current trend

Caller: Hello. This is ABC calling from XYZ bank. It is regarding personal loan (In a single breath)
Me: Not interested
Caller: ok (Like he/she knew the answer already)

After some time they will play records of this like they used have poll campaign during the days of “India Shining”, when the dear PM would call and talk to you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That "Good morning , Err..Good evening sir" piece was hilarious :)

Shirsha said...

hehehe...
thr used to be this colleague of mine who used to harass the call-centre executive badly. He'd say stuff like, 'I'll take your card only if u sleep with me...' or something sober like.. 'personal loan, ok, but only if u come for a date with me..' yeah he used to be one of those despo characters :)

Unknown said...

@Alpenglow
Believe me... it has happened with me more than once :-)

@Shirsha
He he he...
Even I have heard stories guys asking call-centre gals for date... Stupid people they are!