Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New year resolutions

Hmmm....

The new year is here...

Another Day, another month, another year,
Another Smile, another Tear, another Winter,
A summer too, But there will never be Another You !!!

Why do we make such a fuss about new year ... isn't it just another day in our life only with different date ?

One whole year ... quiet a long time isn't it ? So what did I gain in the previous year

- Started my own life here
- Became more independent. Explored most of the city on my own. Got over with most of my previous ghosts.
- Tried to make new friends
- Discovered that I too can look good. I actually started using lip-colors :)
- Lost my confidence on my technical abilities :D
- Travelled abroad for the first time. Saw The Queen's country :)
- Became economically and emotionally independent... more or less
- Got myself an i-pod and digital camera...few of my looooong cherished dreams
- Couldn't buy a laptop
- Started cooking. Now I am a perfect cook :) and I actually love cooking
- Learned to dance. I actually danced on stage for the first time in my life
- Discovered my management skills
- Got contact lenses and yeah ... sunglasses :D
- Became local guardian ... :)
- Donated blood
- Saw plays... Marathi and English
- Been to Goa and Delhi for the first time
- Bought a guitar
- ... and some sad things

Hmmm.. quiet an eventful year isn't it ? So what do I learn from the gone year ...

DON'T GET EMOTIONAL !!!

Good enough... isn't it?

And what about the new year resolutions ...
Oh yeah !! I guess this is the first year I am making any resolutions...

Chalo yeah bhi try kar lete hai .... :)

I resolve to

- execise daily and lose my weight.. 5 Kgs
- Buy a laptop !
- Make at least 2 animation movies. Learn stop motion animation and flash
- learn a new computer language
- learn to play guitar
- get a 2 wheeler
- make 5 new friends
- Search for soulmate
- help at least one needy person
- Visit at least 5 new places
- Visit 5 new places
- Go for trekking
- Read 15 new books
- Write blog regularly
- Chat less and work more :)
- Get over with previous ghosts
- Get new bfs :D
- Not to behave stupid
- Pamper myself more
And yesss
- Get married :)

PS: Visit 5 new places... read 15 books...Haah !!! Doesn't these sound more like a requirements list made by a s/w engineer. Bad bad influence of my manager. He expects everything objective. See what that has done to me .... I hate this profession ... :( :(

No comments: