Monday, January 30, 2006

We go for trip...

It was somewhere around 8:30 pm on Saturday evening. It had just rained. Me and Smita were having dinner at a Marathi food joint after watching nice play of THE Atul Kulkarni. We were chatting and enjoying our sabudana khichadi (...mmMmm...) when my friend Gaurav calls me up...

G: Hey Ashley, I am going to Mysore tonite with V and Bhabhi and my roommates.
Me: Great. Happy journey and enjoy madi !!!

We go back to our Khichadi....He calls up again after 10 mins.

G: Where are you? Where is S?
Me: I am having dinner in Jayanagar. S is also with me.
G: I ll be leaving with me at around 10. You come to my place for 10 mins before that. I won’t be able to meet you people tomorrow.
Me: Ok. I ll need at least another half an hr to reach there.

We indulge in khichadi again. Forgot the call .. :D
My cell rings again after 5 mins

G: Where are you?
Me: We have started from here. We are in auto... just crossed silkboard. Will be there in another 20 mins
G: I have arranged for the Sumo. You both are also coming with us. Come directly to my house. We will start from here.
Me: What ???
G: Come to my house. We are going to Mysore.
Me: Are you crazy? We don't have anything with us. How can we come on such short notice??

He hangs up. Khichadi eating is still on.. :-)
Phone rings again.

G: Where are you?
Me: I am coming.
G: Come quickly. The Sumo has come I know you haven't yet started. See you both are coming with us. I am not going without you. I don't want here anything more. Start right now and come to my place.
Me: (discuss with S .. and we decide to go) okey.. but we need to go home first and take few things
G: Why do you need anything to carry with you?
Me: Shut up. You are talking to gals here.
G: Bhaav mat kha yaar.
Me: Bore mat kar. Then we are not coming.
G: Ok...Then go to your place. We will pick you up from your place in another 1 hr.

By then it was almost 9:30 pm. We took auto and went home... another 40 min journey. G called me at least 10 times by then... :-)
This guy is completely crazy. Donno when he will learn to be patient.

So we packed our things arram se.. he hasn’t reached my place yet… after more than a hr… his place is just 1 km away from my place. He kept on calling and telling us to get ready. Finally they came at around 11pm. Gaurav, Vinay, Vinay’s bhabhi, cousin Bittu, friend Ankur and Bhanu and we two… what a group…!

Once inside the Sumo…

Me: Ok. To kya plan hai? We will be reaching Mysore very early morning.
G: I don’t know. We have just started. We will decide on the way
Me: WHAT ??
G: Hume kahi to janaa tha.. so we thought why not Mysore. That’s it.

It turned out that, initially they were planning to go for a movie. So they hired a taxi (Taxi??? to go for a movie…?? in Bangalore?? Only Gaurav can think of such crazy things). Then on midway they thought they should go for a long drive instead of going for movie…. Then they thought…why not Mysore instead. The moment they decide this guy calls me up and says come with us.

Waah… !!! Who will believe that these people are supposed to be the “Professionals”… :-)

Sometimes I really wonder...Am I really out of college... :-)

I loove this life ...:-) :-) !!!

No comments: