Tuesday, January 16, 2007

GuruBhai GuruBhai … Ala re ala !!!

It was after sooooo many days that I got to watch a movie right in the first week of its release. Thanks to my friend working next to the theatre who voluntarily got me tickets and the friend accompanying me actually didn’t chuck the plans (yeah, that was very important :D). And all the effort was worth it.

Abhishek Bacchan has finally arrived. He is awesome, the way he transforms from simple “gaon ka ladka” to the top businessman, his dialogues, confidence in every movement. His character is very well written and so is Aish’s. I liked her performance for a change. Sad news is the reel life couple is going to tie knot in real life too very soon. (How heartbreaking for me… ** sigh **). Madhvan is completely wasted though. They could have used him more… he looks too cute with few kilos lost. There is no doubt that the character Guru is based on Dhirubhai, from the Gujrati background to his paralysis attack… everything is “inspired” from Dhirubhai Ambai’s life :-). Maniratnam has excelled in every department. Rehman’s music is good as usual, particularly the “Jage hai der tak…” number is used beautifully all over as background score. It goes very well with the whole movie theme. I must say our hindi movies are improving at a fast pace. This one is a must watch for all Abhishek and Good movie lovers!

So were the other two movies I watched this weekend… “Pyaar ke side effects” and “Happy feet”. “Pyaar Ke …” is good movie. Though not suitable for every taste, I loved it. Particularly the dialogue “Pyaar kaunsi badi baat hai. Pahale shaadi, honeymoon, ghar, bacche aur baad me pyaar ho hi jaata hai”… Quite relevant to sort of situation I am going through right now :-). “Happy feet” is too good on animation front, the story and all is ok ok. (May be because I was not in a good mood to grasp it properly :-)). Overall good weekend, though my much wanted outing trip didn’t happen :-(. There was free food and good copmany in TGIF :-).

And yeah finally I have started the much awaited Guitar class… yippiee!!!

13 comments:

Shirsha said...

Err... so what is the sort of situation you are going through right now!?
Also, u too a Abhishek lover!? Let's join hands maybe we can foil that not-so-well coupled marriage of his with the elderly Aish :)

Unknown said...

Situation== Marriage (arranged) and all :-(.
And yeah, me too a Abhishek lover. Lets go to Mumbai and rescue him from the situation :-D

Shirsha said...

seems do-able! And once we get there, am sure if we splash some soda on his face, he'll recover some of those numbed senses!
Marriage is not sad!?

Anonymous said...

Baah,am happy!!finally a hit by my favorite director :) .need to watch the movie at the earliest.was sad when a wonderful movie like Yuva didnt do well on boxoffice.I reckon Mani is arguably the best indian director with movies like Anjali,roja,Kannatthil Mutthamithal,Nayakan under his belt.
Yup,me too liked pyar ke side effects , most of my friends trashed it though.. :( watch out Pursuit of happiness if you get chance.awesome movie,will smith at his best.

Unknown said...

@Shirsha
That sounds like a plan! Lets do that ASAP :-)
And abt marriage... I hv no experience of the final product but the process can get sad sometimes :-(

@Alpenglow
Yeah...you should watch the movie at the earliest. This is one of his finest creations. U will love it, take my word for that :-).
'Pursuit of Happpiness'...Hmm I haven't heard of it before but will definately watch it soon :-)

Anonymous said...

pursuit of happiness released few weeks ago.not sure whether its released back home,yet.Based on true story ,will smith portrayed role of his lifetime.His real life 5 year old son Jaden is there in movie as his son ...and yeah,LOLz at the dialouge from Pyar ke side effects :)....

Unknown said...

Ahh... thats why I don't know abt it :-D. I guess it will take time to reach here. IMDB talks good things abt it so it goes on my must-watch list :-)
And the dilogue reflects real life situation for most of people... isn't it ? :-D

Anonymous said...

This dialogue lingers on mind for long time after you watch the movie.Will smith tells his 5 year old son " Dont let anyone tell you cant do it.protect your dreams.If you want something,go get it.period." You need to watch it in the movie to feel the intensity of those words...
and yeah,that dialogue cant be more true ,in today`s age where financial stability overrides everything else ...

Shirsha said...

the final product and the process both have their ups and downs. The process does get really tedious and painstaking at times as does the final product. But believe me, this is one of the best times of your life :)

Unknown said...

@Alpenglow
Hmmm... Now I will be the first one to watch the movie when it comes here :-)

@Shirsha
Eveyone tells me that. I am sure it will be the best. Its just that I get frustrated once in a while :-)

Shirsha said...

Well then cheer up babe!

Unknown said...

Yeah...I am back to normal.
Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

We too...saw this movie the first weekend it released!! I totally loved it!! I think Abhishek should take the Filmfare for this one!