Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Arranged Marriage - Part 2

I know I have been talking/whining lots about marriage and related issues. But how can I write about anything else if this is the hottest topic in my life (at least I think so) at this point of time :-)…Just kidding :-). But after all this is (supposed to be) question of my life and I am bound to ponder on it frequently.

One of the freakiest things I found in the process of arranged marriage is “meet the guy”. Oh well let me clarify first, I am not against arranged marriages. I have observed love and arranged marriages very closely and one thing I am pretty sure of… it does not matter how you get together, what matters is how you go forward from there. I am obviously not falling for the arguments from ladies about “See our marriage has also worked noo !!! I saw him only after getting married. What is so much fuss about ‘right’ guy?” Dear lady, you might be right in you context but for not for someone like me. I am the introvert and tight-lipped one. Don’t get surprised…!! I might be blabbering too much on the blog and to few of my closest friends :-). But when it comes to talking to people, all my communication skills seem to evaporate in thin air. It is very rare of me to get along with someone right from the day one. And I have problem with 90% of people in the world :D. My friend circle is limited one… I mean there are lots of acquaintances but friends are few. And I am very fussy about my friendships :-).

Our ‘society’ still does not approve the idea of pre-nuptial meetings etc. They expect a girl to meet guy plus 20 of his relatives and not complain. I am in fact scared by this thought... What if I meet a guy and find him ok and they ask me to marry him the next day (Something like that had happened once :-)). I mean, I cannot just say yes or no in one go!! I am the adjusting, understanding (and oh yes I can cook very well :-))et all but what about the other person.
A friend had suggested me to consider it as a blind date… accha laga to good nahi to chhod do :-). Common you don’t date someone with marriage on mind and I don’t ‘date’ at all for that matter.
Ahh… is there a better solution to all this or I am thinking too much?

5 comments:

Shirsha said...

now my chance to give gyaan!
-Nope you're not thinking far too much abt it. But there's sucha a thing called as a 'woman's intuition' and it can hardly ever be wrong. Trust it. If that says the guy is good in the first meeting then you can sail throug hwit hthe next meeting. but if it gives out caution kinda a feeling, then dont even think of a second meeting. Actually its the same thing wit ha love marriage, for a long time i didn't know why i wanted to marry this particular guy. Even now i wonder at times, but i was somehow sure it was the right thing to do!

Anonymous said...

Err well, isnt there anything like man`s intuition.guess men are devoid of it :)...risks involved are spread uniformly across genders.its really freaky,how the hell wud you know a person in half an hour...me too equally clueless how its gonna work.

Unknown said...

Well.. I agree with Shirsha... There is somethign called 'woman's intuition' and it is correct 99% percent of the times :-). And men are confused 99% of the times to make mess of everything :-D

Sunshine said...

Oh Yeah! But all these stupid men on this earth (I hope they are placed anywhrelse in Galaxy) never understand this! I just have no clue how it works..
Now the this is this "Intuition" phenomenon has worked so much for me that I cn rely on this as much as weather forecasts..

Well I have only thing to say..just dont wait for anybody..

Ragi said...

--- POST FROM A GUY ---
Trust me, it does'nt work out if you don't know whom you're getting married to.

I got married in a 100% arranged manner, and so much so did'nt bother to talk to the girl in person much, though we spoke over the phone often, and my marriage did'nt work.

I agree that my intuition was konked else i would'nt hv nodded my head to marry this girl....

Meet up, speak to each other, date, even party... and then make up your mind.

Life does'nt sail unless you make the right choice!