Monday, January 29, 2007

I just can’t resist posting this. This is an account of lunch time conversation I had with 3 of my colleagues… 2 guys and a girl.

We were trying out a new caterer in the canteen.
Me: The food is good but not worth 30 rupees… is it?
Guy1: Yeah, I will give more quantity and variety if I start my service.
Me: That’s good idea. From tomorrow, I will get tiffin for you people if you pay me 45 rupees per day
Guy2: 45 rupees!!! That’s too much.
Me: I will get more variety and that will be nice home cooked food served hot and fresh.
Guy2: Hmm… sounds good idea. I will be your first customer.
Guy1: Hey that’s not fair. I started with the idea. I will get better food in 40 rupees.
Me: I will get food everyday :D
Guy1: So will I.
Me: First you should come to office everyday :P.
Guy1: (To Guy2) I will get south Indian food just the way you like it
Me: I will get north Indian and south India food. More choices!!
Guy1: I will get ‘satwik’ food for you
Me: He will buy food from somewhere or make his mother cook and give you. I will be cooking myself.
Guy1: No no no. I will also be cooking myself.
Me: We have never seen you getting tiffin for yourself
Giy1: But now on I will cook.
Guy2: Hey don’t fight. Both of you get samples of the food. I will taste and decide.
Me: Hey you have already got samples from my tiffin-box.
Guy2: Yeah. That’s true. (To Guy1) She is better cook anytime.
Me: (to Guy1) :P
Guy1: What about weekends? I will provide food on weekends also. You can come to my place and have it anytime.
Me: You anyways come to the company club to play on Saturdays. So I will provide lunch as well as breakfast.
(My company’s sports club is near to my house)
Guy2: What about Sundays? I can’t come all the way other end of the city or I will have to shift to that part of the city.
Me: You will anyway have to do shift when our office moves to new location. So that’s another advantage for you. This guy won’t be changing his location.
The girl, who was listening to our conversation all this time, suddenly spoke up.
Girl: (to me and Guy1) I have a better suggestion. Why don’t you two get married? This way the shifting and weekend food problem will be solved.

The only reaction three of us could manage was “Duh?”

(I should mention that she was the only married person among 4 of us)

Tell me people, do they always marry cooks?

3 comments:

Shirsha said...

well, it is a good idea marrying a cook ;) Btw, whr is your office shifting to?

Unknown said...

He he he... You know, Me wanted to marry a chef once upon a time when I couldn't cook at all :-D.
My office will be shifting to some place near K.R.puram railway station in couple of months :-).

Anonymous said...

Case of too many cooks spoiling the broth :) ..
anyways the conversation was hilarious !!