Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year, New Resolutions!

Its 2007, New Year again… time to make some new resolutions and break few :-). Last year was the first time I made resolutions and guess what… I have followed quite a lot of them. That’s pretty interesting!

Last year has been one of the most happening years for me. It’s been a total roller-coaster ride! To be honest, I started the year with a sad sad note, I was all upset and depressed but … here I am back to my original self. It feels so good to be myself :-).

So here’s review of my year

- I have been doing things I never thought I will be doing.
First one was theatre. My company’s theatre group was planning a play for annual day celebrations of specially-abled children’s school. I got involved with the project just as a volunteer and because I love kids. Things went so that I was involved in every department from coordinating the whole project, to coining the story and writing the script, arranging rehearsals and finally acting in the play! Whoever saw it think it was not a bad performance at all :-).

Second one is getting involved into different volunteering activities. During the theatre project, I met lot of people who have been involved with volunteering activities at small and large scales. It fascinated me and I got involved too. It has turned out to be one of the best things I have been doing so far. With weekly visits to the school to the Chrysallis party, it’s been neat experience. All credit goes to Resh for pursuing me in the first place :-)

Third one is my writing skills. I have managed to be quiet regular at blogging and managed to write poems too!

Then there was trekking. My first trekking trip to “Savandurga” was one of its kind.

And yeah how can I forget the two rock shows I had been to. First came Bryan Adams, my all time favorite and then there was Deep Purple. I always wanted to hear Bryan Adams in live from the day I listened to “Everything I do”. I had missed his previous visits to India. But this time I made sure I was there and that was one rocking show!

- My trip to US of A was rocking as well. My PL there made sure I would get too see as much of the country as I could, Niagara, Boston, New York and the unexpected trip to Minneapolis and off course local places in and around Nashua. In those two months I have tried so many different food varieties; there were pancakes with maple syrup, mexian , thai, ‘American’ Chinese, local ‘New England’ delicacies, mint ice cream, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream… ahhh too many to remember!
- I have two new additions to my gadget list. My long long awaited laptop and two-wheeler.
- I am back to my reading habits. And I have collected lot of books (and read too), most of them being angrezi.
- Now, I am the official event organizer of my group.
- I was careless about my work the most
- Biggest asset has been the friends I have got. With getting involved in lot of activities, I have made lot of new friends in and out of office. A couple of them are really really good ones :-). There was a time I used to be complaining about lack of social life in Bangalore but not anymore!

And what would be resolutions for this year?
- Continue with my volunteering work and be more regulare and more active there
- Be more social and make lot of friends. Be more outgoing.
- Improve my professional communication skills and relations with the office people
- Go for more treks. Explore new places in and around Bangalore.
- Continue with blogging. I want to try my hand writing fictions as well.
- Be serious towards my career. Last couple of years I have been careless a lot lot. I need to shed that laziness and get going again. If possible I want to get involved in some small time open source projects.
- Take more dancing lessons. Last year I have missed dancing so much. I want to continue with my salsa classes again.
- Learn guitar and swimming
- Learn Kannada (at least I should be able to make normal conversations)
- Build my own library. Right now I have good enough collection of books. The more I read the more I realize how many books I have to read (mostly English books). I want to add more to my collection and have my own small library of English as well as Marathi books.
- Watch lot of movies. Now this is something new. I have released that there are so many movies I have missed watching or never cared for (again most of them being angrezi :-)). With my fundu lappy I can do that at home now :-).
- Get my two-wheeler license done. Six months and I still don’t have a permanent license :-D. In fact, for first two months, I was driving without license (Shhh… don’t tell the traffic police)
- Get serious about exercising. I tried to do some aerobics but turned out useless. I used to go for the class once in a fortnight :-D. But I should be more serious now. And guess what, I have started burning calories already. On landing in Bangalore, as protest to autowalla’s, I walked all the way to home from airport. On 1st Jan around 8:30pm, if you happen to see a girl dragging red bag on footpath from airport to wind tunnel road, that was me!
- Be less lazy, less procrastinating and more organized :-).
- Be myself !!!

I just realized its first birthday (since I started posting regularly) of my blog too!
Happy Birthday ‘blog baby’!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,you had great year .and impresive list of Dos for 2007.wish you all the best !!

Unknown said...

Thanks :-). It was good year indeed
"All that ends well is well"...
And I wish to carry forward that tempo, this year.