Monday, January 29, 2007

With all the unwanted things happening like me getting the mood swings, Bangalore people fighting for stupidest reasons, Shahrukh hosting KBC and making music-video for that (Ewww), Rakhi Sawant threatening to commit suicide on television or the news of possible single digit hikes (:-((()... a good thing has happened.

First there was a small poster on a sidey lamp-post in my gully. I started jumping with joy with just sight of it. I made a phone call... and it was done within 24 hours (technically it took more time cause I was not at home first time they came)... Yipppie !!! Finally I have the airtel broadband connection installed at home!

Do you remember, a couple of months ago (may be more than that) I was desparately trying to get internet connection from any possible ISP... just to know that no ISPs exist in my area. Well well well... that was wrong... the airtel one is there in the house next to mine from last 2 years. I was giving the wrong address! Do you know that there can exist a Lane and a Layout with same name in different parts of the city? Well... I didn't know that till Friday :-). I always believed that the area I live in is a Lane which is actually a Layout and the Lane exists on the other side of the road where there are no ISPs (haah.. How backward ! :D). Ahh these Bangalore addresses!

Anyways the it is here and it is working and I am blogging from home. Now I can surf as much as I want! I will be spending less time in office and more at home. Yayyy!!!

2 comments:

Shirsha said...

hey, thats nice. how much does your airtel broadband connection work out monthly?

Unknown said...

I have opted for the home 699 plan with 128kbs speed and unlimited download. So that will be Rs. 699 plus taxes per month (to be shared between 2 or 3 of us). It works faster than the BSNL 256kbps connection!